This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
A baked brie with jam recipe that’s bumped up with thyme and almonds!
Baked brie recipes can be as complex or as simple as you like. It isn’t a challenge to find toppings that complement the creamy and rich cheese - it pairs well with practically anything!
This Baked Brie with Strawberry Jam is an easy snack with a beautiful flavor profile. The sweet jam compliments the creamy richness of the brie, while thyme and toasted almonds round out every bite. It’s an elegant snack with a little bit of everything: sweet, crunch, earthy, and creamy.
Once these pantry-staple ingredients are put together, the snack only takes 15 minutes to bake. This gives you plenty of time to plate the rest of your party appetizers and put a few crowd-pleasing cocktails together. You’ll be the hostess with the mostess!
These 4 ingredients are easy to find and may even be in your kitchen already:
Brie is also known as “The Queen of Cheese'' for good reason. It’s an irresistible soft cow’s milk cheese from France, with a rich, salty, and nutty flavor. It’s surrounded by a bloomy edible rind to keep the gooey inside in place.
- Any bloomy rind cheese that is a whole wheel will work great for this recipe! Feel free to experiment with other cheeses!
I recommend using an 8-ounce wheel of double cream brie for this recipe. It’s enough to serve a few hungry guests or a larger crowd. If your party is going to be packed, head to the FAQs section to learn how to double the recipe.
Fruit jam, preserves, or jelly is one of the most popular toppings on baked brie appetizers. You’ll often see the cheese topped with fig jam (it’s undeniably good, as proven in my recipe for Baked Brie with Fig Jam and Pistachios), but I went a little out of the box this time with strawberry jam.
It’s a naturally sweet and fruity jam with a bold pop of red. When the sweet jam and rich cheese come together, you’re left with well-balanced bites.
The same goes for other varieties of jam. If you don’t have strawberry jam at home, pair the brie with raspberry jam, apricot preserves (like in my Baked Brie With Apricot Preserves and Crispy Prosciutto), or any other jam, preserves, or jelly you have on hand. The results won’t be the exact same but each bite should still be nicely balanced.
Use raw, unsalted almonds. Roasted, salted, or flavored almonds could affect the overall flavor of the baked brie with jam.
The almonds are baked next to the brie rather than on top. This way, they end up with maximum toastiness. If you don’t want to roast them in the oven, toast the almonds quickly in a skillet on the stove instead.
Fresh thyme, along with black pepper, is sprinkled on top of the brie when it’s done baking as a warming finishing touch.
How to make baked brie with strawberry jam
It really couldn’t be easier. Follow these steps to learn how to bake brie cheese at home:
Step 1: Place the wheel of brie on an oven-safe serving dish and top it with the jam. Bake until the sides of the brie are soft to the touch.
Step 2: Evenly spread the sliced almonds onto another small baking sheet or right next to the brie. Bake until they're lightly browned.
Step 3: Top the baked brie with the toasted almonds, thyme, and black pepper. Serve with crackers and enjoy!
Keep this recipe as-is or bump it up with substitutions and flavor enhancers! These are my favorite ways to customize it:
- Instead of strawberry jam: Use another fruit jam, like fig jam, raspberry jam, blueberry jam, apricot preserves, etc.
- Instead of almonds: Replace them with pistachios, pecans, walnuts, or hazelnuts.
- Add more toppings: Like lemon zest, basil leaves, diced strawberries, a drizzle of Grand Marnier, or balsamic reduction.
- Wrap it in pastry: Top the wheel of brie with strawberry jam, then wrap it in a sheet of thawed puff pastry. Bake until the pastry is golden, then, after 10 minutes, cut into the pastry and gooey cheese and serve the toasted almonds on the side.
While the brie is baking, prepare your platters of snacks for dipping. Brie pairs well with:
- Thick and hearty herb crackers
- Halved strawberries
- Apple and pear slices
- Homemade crostini
- Chopped vegetables
- Crusty bread
Baked brie works as a table centerpiece, too. Place it in the middle of a Spring Meat and Cheese Board surrounded by seasonal ingredients for dipping, and watch as your guests’ eyes light up!
Frequently asked questions
Do I have to use brie cheese?
No, not if you don’t want to. You can use any other creamy bloomy rind cheese instead. Camembert is a great option!
Can I double the recipe?
Yes! Simply buy two 8-ounce wheels of brie or a larger wheel instead. Also, make sure to buy more toppings so you have enough for the extra servings.
Can you make it ahead of time?
No, I don’t recommend assembling or baking the brie more than 30 minutes ahead of your guest's arrival.
How do you reheat baked brie?
To reheat, place the leftover brie on a microwave-safe plate and heat until warm (about 45 seconds on high).
How do you bake brie cheese?
I bake the cheese on a baking sheet, then transfer it to a serving platter. If you don’t want to deal with transferring it, bake the cheese in a small cast iron pan, small pie plate, or baking dish that you’d like to serve it in.
🎉 It's time to cook! 🎉
Alright, friend! It's your turn to make this delish recipe for your next get-together.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ When you do, please leave a comment and star rating below so we can hear what you think! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Baked Brie with Strawberry Jam
- 8 ounce wheel double cream brie
- ¼ cup strawberry jam
- ¼ cup sliced raw almonds
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- fresh thyme sprigs
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the wheel of brie on an oven-safe serving dish or a parchment-lined baking sheet. Evenly spread the sliced almonds onto another small baking sheet.
- Top brie with jam and bake until the sides of the brie are soft to the touch, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the almonds from the oven when they are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Top brie with almonds, fresh thyme and black pepper if using.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving, then serve with crackers.