These Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cream and Port Reduction are ridiculously good and a great way to take advantage of those juicy summer peaches!
People love grilled peaches! There are so many recipes out there for grilled peaches and I felt that I needed to join the peach grilling club and write my own version. I am soooooo original 😉
Anyway, I played around with different toppings and eventually thought that a mascarpone cream, like what is used to make tiramisu, would be fabulous on the peaches. It totally is! The mascarpone cream is slightly sweetened and has a nice touch of vanilla…I wanted to make a double batch of it just to eat with a spoon. It is that good! (I didn’t actually do that…but I won’t judge if you do.)
So, grilled peaches with mascarpone cream are pretty good, but me being me, I had to add another component! I don’t know why I have this crazy desire to continuously add new components to my recipes, but I do. Like with my peach grapefruit sangria recipe, I could have just thrown all the ingredients into a pitcher, but I HAD to make a peach syrup……whatever……it took the recipe to a new level……just like the port reduction does in this recipe. I should just come to terms with my crazy recipe component adding ways since they tend to be great additions!
Soooo, I made a super delicious port reduction for this recipe. The peaches were good with just the mascarpone cream, but that rich and sweet port reduction made it insanely good. This recipe is actually pretty simple to make even though it sounds all fancy and complicated. Throw some port into a pot and let it cook until it is reduced a bunch (just a little time consuming but not difficult), whip some mascarpone cheese with heavy cream and sugar, and grill some peaches. Then all that is left is assembly and you will look super fancy when you serve them to your friends or family.
I ended up serving these to my friends at a dinner party that Stephen and I had in our tiny apartment (we ended up moving our fold out table into the living room between the couch and television so there was enough room for us to eat). My friends LOVED them and they actually went really well with the shrimp etouffee we had as a main course. They were eaten up so fast, and my friend Melissa even asked me to cater her life so I could make them for her all the time! She is too funny.
Well, our dinner guests loved them, but you can totally make them for something more casual, like an afternoon bbq, and people will be asking you to make them all the time! Let me know in the comments below when you make them!
Grilled Peaches with Mascarpone Cream and Port Reduction
- 2 cups port
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 ripe but firm peaches halved and pits removed
- Optional: melted butter
- Place port in a small pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook until you have 1/4 cup remaining, about 30 minutes. Place in the refrigerator to cool.
- While port reduction is cooling, make the mascarpone cream.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the mascarpone cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt on medium speed until well mixed, about 30 seconds.
- Reduce the speed of the mixer to low and slowly stream the whipping cream. Once all of it is added, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and return the mixer to medium speed. Whisk until firm peaks form, about 1 minute. Place the cream into the refrigerator.
- To grill the peaches, bring a grill pan or grill to medium-low heat. I you like, brush each peach half with the melted butter and place on the grill pan. Grill the peach halves until they are slightly softened and have dark grill marks, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Allow the peaches to cool slightly, top the peaches with the mascarpone cream and drizzle with the port reduction.