Quiche is the quintessential brunch recipe. This Bacon & Spinach Quiche is decadent, uses simple ingredients, and delish!
Bacon Spinach Quiche
Quiche is the quintessential brunch recipe. This Bacon & Spinach Quiche is decadent, uses simple ingredients, and delish!Print Rate Pin
Makes: 8 servings
- Position one oven rack to the bottom position of your oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough out to a 12-inch circle and place into a 9-inch pie pan, trim the edges if needed, and crimp using your favorite design.
- Using a fork, prick the bottom of the dough a few times (this is called docking) and freeze for 15 minutes
- Place a piece of parchment paper on the dough and fill with pie weights. Bake on the bottom rack of the oven until the edges look dry, about 8 minutes.
- Carefully remove the pie weights and continue to bake until the bottom of the dough looks dry and the edges slightly brown, about 8 minutes.
- While the dough bakes, separate the white from the yolk of one egg and place the yolk into a large bowl.
- Thoroughly whisk the egg white and, brush a thin layer of the beaten egg white all over the warm pie crust. Discard any remaining egg white and allow the crust to cool.
- Reduce oven temp to 325 degrees.
- Cook bacon until crisp in a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Remove all but 1 tablespoon bacon fat from the pan and add the shallot. Cook, stirring often until the shallot is lightly browned, about 2 minutes
- Add the spinach and garlic and, stirring often, cook until the spinach has wilted and most of the liquid has cooked off, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the remaining three eggs to the large bowl with the egg yolk. Thoroughly whisk until uniform.
- Add the half and half, dijon, and salt and pepper and gently whisk to combine.
- Place the pie pan onto a baking sheet. Evenly sprinkle the bacon, spinach and cheese into the pie crust. Fill with the egg and half and half mixture.
- Bake on the bottom rack of the oven until the edges of the quiche are just set and the center has a slight jiggle or using an instant-read thermometer, cook until the center of the quiche reaches 170 degrees, about 1 hour.
- Allow the quiche to cool for 1 hour before serving.
- This recipe is fantastic to make ahead of time and serve room temp for brunch! Just allow to cool completely, refrigerate until you plan to serve, and remove from the fridge at least an hour before serving.
Calories: 329kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 128mg | Sodium: 498mg | Potassium: 224mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1178IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 189mg | Iron: 1mg