A juicy, flavor packed, burger enveloped in a flaky biscuit will become your favorite customizable recipe.
BEEF PACKED BOOKS
Oh, little Cheeseburger Stuffed Biscuits, how I LOVE you! I found this gem of a recipe in the 1965 Sunset Ground Beef Cookbook: Recipes for all Occasions.
Literally, meat packed, this cookbook has quite a few interesting ground beef recipes. When I came across the recipe for Cheeseburger Turnovers on page 9, I thought they would taste delicious…with a few updates.
The number one change was to make them with a homemade biscuit dough, not the canned refrigerated ones. Don’t get me wrong, you can totally use refrigerated biscuits and they will still be delightful. The flaky, buttery homemade biscuit makes the dish just a little more delicious.
I also figured that my Cheeseburger Stuffed Biscuits could be super customizable. So, my version goes the bbq cheeseburger direction, but feel free to add your favorite burger toppings however you like. A little jalapeño, or caramelized onion, maybe even blue cheese…the combos are endless!
PICNICS AND FATHERS
I made a Father’s Day themed video for my Cheeseburger Stuffed Biscuits (btw…have you subscribed to my YouTube Channel yet?) because they are perfect to make for dad. You can stuff them with Dad’s favorite burger toppings, and make him something a different than a regular burger. I’m sure he’ll be impressed…especially if he is a retro loving dude.
Not only will they make dad happy, they are also fantastic for picnics. Make a few the day before your retro picnic party, and throw them into your cute basket with a pitcher of my Mint Lemonade and you’ll have a fantastic day!
Did you make my Cheeseburger Stuffed Biscuits? Share a pic on Instagram and let me know how much you like them! Oh, and tag me on that pic @cupofzest
Cheeseburger Stuffed Biscuits Recipe Tips
-Don’t want to make biscuit dough? No problem! Use refrigerated canned biscuit dough.
-If you want to change up the burger toppings, feel free, but remember a little goes a long way!
-You can change the size of these Cheeseburger Stuffed Biscuits no problem! Make them larger or smaller, just remember to modify the bake time accordingly.
Cheeseburger Stuffed Biscuits
- 2 batches of Bon Appétit’s Best Buttermilk Biscuit recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef 80/20
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons bbq sauce
- 1 large egg beaten
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll chilled dough out to 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a 4.5-inch round pastry cutter, cut 12 rounds from the dough. Place 6 rounds on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Season beef with salt and pepper, and form into 6 evenly sized mini patties that are about a half inch smaller in diameter than the biscuit rounds. Place each patty on a biscuit round.
- Evenly distribute onions, cheese, and bbq sauce on top of the patties. Using a pastry brush, dab the whisked egg onto the edges of the biscuit dough surrounding the beef patty.
- Top each patty with a second round of dough pressing down as needed, and crimp the edges with a fork.
- Brush the cheeseburger stuffed biscuits with the egg wash, poke the tops of them with a fork (to create a little ventilation) and bake until the biscuits are fully cooked, about 20 minutes. Enjoy with your favorite burger sides, like sweet potato fries!