- 1 pound strawberries, chopped about 1 ½ cups
- ⅓ cup strawberry preserves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup chamomile syrup recipe below
- fresh chamomile flowers to garnish
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup dried chamomile flowers
Toss berries with chamomile syrup in a large bowl.
Mix jam with lemon zest, juice and salt.
Spread yogurt on a large platter.
Drizzle yogurt with the perserve mixture and top with strawberries. Garish with fresh chamomile flowers and serve!
Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan.
Cook over high heat, stirring often, until sugar has dissolved, about 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and add dried chamomile flowers. Steep for 8 minutes.
Strain syrup through a fine mesh sive and cool compltely befor using.
Chamomile Syrup Made with Tea Bags Option:
- Replace the dried chamomile flowers with 10 bags of chamomile tea.
- Steep the tea bags for 6 minutes.
- Strain and allow to cool completely
- Note: the flavor will be slightly different from the version with dried loose chamomile flowers, but it totally works!
Calories: 86kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 84mg | Potassium: 104mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg