- 1 cup pitted castelvetrano olives, chopped
- 1 cup pickled vegetables from jarred giardiniera mix, finely chopped
- ½ cup pitted black olives, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pickling liquid from giardiniera
- 1 tablespoon capers, finely chopped
- 1 (6 by 14-inch long) loaf of ciabatta, sliced in half lengthwise
- ½ pound thinly sliced Capicola
- ½ pound thinly sliced Mortadella
- ½ pound thinly sliced Genoa
- ⅓ pound thinly sliced Mozzarella
- ⅓ pound thinly sliced Provolone
To assemble the sandwich
Layer the meat and cheese onto the bottom half of the bread. I like to layer in this order: capicola, mozzarella, mortadella, provolone, genoa.
Evenly top with olive salad and place the top half of bread on it to form your sandwich.
Tightly wrap up and chill sandwich until serving.
To serve, using a serrated knife, cut the sandwich into 24 pieces, securing each piece with a wooden pick.
* The olive salad can be made up to five days before serving.
**The sandwich can be assembled, wrapped tightly, and chilled up to two days before serving.
Calories: 196kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 1001mg | Potassium: 67mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 131IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1mg