- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves (or any other flavor)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 store bought pie dough
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat preserves in a small pot over medium heat until it begins to boil, about 2 minutes. While preserves are heating, thoroughly combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon cold water in a small bowl.
- Once preserves have come to a boil, whisk in cornstarch slurry.
- Whisking constantly, return preserves to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Chill thickened preserves while you work on the dough.
- Roll your pie dough to 1/8th -1/4 thickness. Using the Ugly Sweater Cookie Cutter, cut out 12 sweaters, re-rolling dough scraps as needed.
- Place 6 pie dough sweaters onto the baking sheet. Evenly spoon thickened preserves into the center of the individual pieces of dough.
- One at a time, brush the edges of the dough with the egg wash and top with a second piece of dough. Crimp the edges of the dough together using the tines of a fork. Brush the tops of the dough with more egg wash and cut ventilation holes into the top piece of dough (I used scissors to create a cute design!).
- Bake until the hand pies are golden brown and cooked through, 25-30 minutes.