This cheesy, meaty, and salty dip is sure to be a winning appetizer at every party!
- 1 pound 85% lean ground beef
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 (15.5 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup spicy ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 cup pimento stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup jarred pickled jalapenos, chopped
- Sliced scallions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Bring a 10-inch oven safe skillet to high heat. Add beef, onion, and garlic. Crumble beef well and cook until it is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add beans, and using the back of your spatula, mash them up a bit. Stir in half of the shredded cheese, ketchup, and spices.
- Top with remaining cheese, chopped olives, and chopped jalapenos, and bake until the cheese has melted and it is super bubbly, about 10 minutes.
- Top with sliced scallions, and serve with your chip or veggie of choice.