- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Meyer Lemons
- 1/2 pound raspberries (about 2 cups)
- To make the simple syrup, place water and sugar together and set to high heat. Cook and stir until water has dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Zest both lemons and add zest to the simple syrup. Allow to cool completely.
- While cooling the syrup, puree the raspberries using a food processor and press through a fine mesh sieve. Reserve the puree and discard the seeds.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, combine with puree and add the juice from both lemons.
- Place in a dish and freeze, scraping the frozen portions of the granita every 45 minutes or so, until frozen, at least 3 hours. Serve immediately or store covered in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 8 Servings