Refreshing mint lemonade with club soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lightly packed mint leaves (about 20 leaves)
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice (about 8 large lemons)
- 5 cups club soda
- Optional: extra mint leaves and lemon wedges for garnish
- In a small pot combine sugar and water. Over high heat, cook the mixture until the sugar dissolves, about 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the mint leaves. Steep the mint in the simple syrup for 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the mint and allow the mint simple syrup to cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer the mint simple syrup to a large pitcher. Add the lemon juice and club soda. Stir to combine and serve over ice!
Add some vodka for a fun cocktail!