Keep cool in the heat with these Poolside Ready Cold Appetizer Recipes for Summer. From creamy dips made with sour cream to refreshing tomato salsas, each one of these 29 recipes from around the internet is easy to make and packed with flavor!
Cool down while filling up on these cold appetizers for summer
Summer is all about celebrating! There are endless opportunities to soak in the gorgeous weather while enjoying a cocktail and handfuls of snacks. And when it comes to choosing the right snacks, you can always count on this list of Cold Appetizer Recipes for Summer!
Explore the extensive list to find your next best recipe to serve at the pool party or for the Fourth of July. And don’t even think about going near an oven! Each one of these no-bake summer recipes is easy to make and bursting with bright and refreshing flavors. They'll keep you cool all season long!
The best time to serve cold appetizers
You can always count on a cold appetizer to keep you feeling refreshed throughout the hot days of summer. They’re especially great when served during summer events and holidays, like pool parties, backyard BBQs, summer nights with friends, bridal and baby showers, garden parties, Fourth of July, Memorial Day, Labor Day, and more.
FAQs about cold appetizers for summer
There are a few things to know before you go looking for cold appetizer ideas:
What is a cold appetizer?
A cold appetizer is any bite-sized, shareable, and snack-like food that’s served cold or at room temperature. There’s no need for heat lamps or ovens here!
Why make cold appetizers for summer get-togethers?
When it’s hot outside, the last thing you might want is a hot plate of food because it’s only going to make you feel warmer. Cold appetizers can be made without turning the oven on, keeping both you and the house cool.
Can they be made ahead of time?
Yes, there are plenty of easy make ahead cold appetizers to choose from. The storage and directions will vary from recipe to recipe. Check the notes in the linked recipes below before you get started.
What type of cold appetizers are there?
So many! There are a variety of categories to choose from, like:
- Cold dips: These have a creamy dairy or non-dairy base and are enhanced with fresh flavor boosters. Give these cold dips time to chill in the fridge to help the flavors mingle together before serving with crackers, chips, or vegetables.
- Skewers: Think kabobs, but without any cooking! Most cold skewer recipes are a breeze to put together. All you need to do is thread bite-sized snacks (like fresh fruit, vegetables, or cheese) onto wooden skewers and you’re done.
- Elegant appetizers: These are what you want if you’re hosting a formal or close-to-formal event. Most elegant cold appetizers feature homemade crostini, meaning they’re hand-held and can be eaten in two bites or less (no mess included).
- Finger foods: Just think of finger foods as elegant appetizers on vacation. They too can be eaten in one or two bites, but don’t need the refined flavors or a stylish presentation. Think deviled eggs and easy bites...casual is the name of the game!
- Salsa: Salsa recipes are all about bringing fresh produce together into one bold and flavorful dip. You can make tomato-based salsas, fresh salsa from pineapple or mango, or a more hearty salsa from beans and corn. There are endless ways to enjoy this classic appetizer.
How do you keep appetizers cold during summer?
You can learn how to keep the appetizers cool and crisp with this guide on How To Keep Food Cold During A Party. You don’t need special equipment - just ice, bowls, and serving platters!
Cold appetizer ideas for summer
Voila! A collection of refreshing and flavorful snacks for summer!
The list is broken down into the above categories for easy searching. Stick to one category or explore them all - there’s something for everyone here!
You’ll find 29 cold appetizer recipes from myself and other recipe content creators below. If you make one of their delicious recipes, please leave a comment on their blog post so they can hear what you think.
Jalapeño Greek Yogurt Dip
Whipped Feta Dip with Honey
Dairy-Free Sun-Dried Tomato Dip
- Picking out some recipes for your next Summer party? Make sure to serve an option or two that is dietary restriction friendly!
- Just because you eat dairy doesn't mean all of your guests do!
- This is supper important if you're hosting some new friends you don't know that well.
Avocado Deviled Eggs
🎉 It's time to cook! 🎉
Alright, friend! It's your turn to make one (or more!) of these delicious cold appetizers this summer.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ When you do, please leave a comment and star rating below so we can hear what you think! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐