A decadent Caramel Coconut Icebox Cake full of rich buttery caramel, mascarpone cream, coconut, and dark chocolate that is a great no-bake dessert!
- 8 oz (1 cup) mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups salted caramel sauce, room temp (easy caramel sauce recipe)
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 dark chocolate bar (around 3 oz), finely chopped
- 24 honey graham crackers
- Place mascarpone cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt into a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Whisk on medium speed until well mixed. Reduce speed to low and stream in the heavy cream. Once the cream is added, scrape down the sides of the bowl, slowly increase the speed to medium and whisk until medium-firm peaks form, about 3 minutes.
- Mix the coconut into the caramel sauce.
- Evenly spread a 1/4 cup of the mascarpone cream onto a 9×13 platter or baking sheet. Place six graham crackers in a single layer on top of the cream . Evenly spread 1/2 cup of the mascarpone cream on top of the graham crackers, followed by 1/2 cup of the caramel coconut sauce, 2 tbsp. chopped chocolate, another 1/2 cup mascarpone cream, and then six more graham crackers. Repeat layering in the same order with the remaining ingredients. The top layer will be six graham crackers, the remaining cream (about 1/2 cup) and the remaining chopped chocolate.
- Cover the cake and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
If you make my easy caramel sauce or purchase pre-made caramel, make sure to add salt to it since this recipe calls for salted caramel! For the easy caramel sauce recipe just follow the recipe but replace the pinch of kosher salt with 1 tbsp. kosher salt. For store bought caramel, add kosher salt until the caramel just starts to taste salty.