This Black Velvet is a rich, bubbly and fun (but definitely not new) vintage cocktail that would make a great addition to brunch.
- 2 (12-ounce) bottles stout
- 1 (740-milliliter) bottle of champagne or sparkling wine
- Fill six champagne flutes halfway with stout.
- Place a spoon into the champagne flute, without touching the stout, with the rounded side facing up.
- Slowly pour the champagne onto the back of the spoon and into the champagne flute. The champagne should float on top of the stout creating a layered drink.
- Repeat with the remaining champagne.