These Cinnamon Candy Apples are the perfect treat for any Halloween party!
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 6 small to medium apples
- 6 lollipop sticks or other sticks
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 2 drops maroon food coloring
- 10–12 drops cinnamon oil
- Optional: gold leaf, sparkles, etc.
- To remove the was from the apples, bring a medium pot of water and vinegar to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low, and one at a time place an apple in the hot water for 5 seconds. Remove the apple and rub dry with a clean dishtowel. Repeat with remaining apples.
- Line a baking sheet or platter with parchment paper and librally spray with nonstick spray.
- To make the candy coating, stir together the sugar, water, corn syrup and food coloring into a medium pot.
- Without stirring, bring the sugar mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Continue cooking until the mixture reaches 300 degrees (hard-crack stage)on a candy thermometer.
- While the sugar mixture cooks, remove the stems from the apples and insert a stick into the center.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in the cinnamon oil.
- Dip an apple into the candy coating, slowly turning the apple to coat all the sides, and place on the parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining apples.
- Add any decorations (gold leaf or sparkles) to apples while the candy is warm.
- Once candy has cooled, cut apples into slices before eating…you definitely cannot take a bite from one!
-Recipe Adapted from Better Homes and Gardens Cookies and Candies Cookbook.
Keywords: how to make, apples, halloween party