- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate pieces
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup (Karo Syrup Red Label)
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1 cup walnut halves or dried cranberries
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment and lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine sugar and evaporated milk in a heavy-bottomed saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture boils, about 5 mins.
- Turn heat to low and continue cooking while stirring constantly, until the liquid has reduced by half, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and immediately add chocolate, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla.
- Vigorously stir until chocolate has melted and fudge is smooth and creamy. If using, stir in nuts or dried fruit.
- Immediately pour into the baking dish and quickly smooth the top with an offset spatula. The top will set quickly.
- Chill until firm, about 2 hours.
- Cut into squares, share with friends, and keep leftovers in a cute parchment lined tin in a cool dark place.
Recipe from “Fancy Cookies, Festive Candies: Delicious Goodies for Giving”