Inspired by the Ruby Fizz in the 1930 “The Savoy Cocktail Book.”
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 ounces sloe gin (Spirit Works Distillery has a great sloe gin)
- 1 tablespoon granadine (I prefer Jack Rudy Cocktail Co. Small Batch Granadine)
- 1 teaspoon simple syrup
- 2–3 ice cubes
- Soda Water
- Combine lemon juice, egg white, sloe gin, grenadine, and simple syrup in a shaker.
- Vigorously shake for about 1 minute.
- Add ice cubes and shake until cubes melt (you’ll know they have melted once you don’t hear them clanking around in the shaker).
- Pour into a glass and top off with soda water. Enjoy!